Sign Up for Email Alerts
Excellence in science publishing
All Stylus E-Books
E-Books by Subject
E-Book Exam Copy
Request Exam Copy
Request Desk Copy
Blogs & Communities
Request Email Alerts
Managing Australia's Pest Animals
A Guide to Strategic Planning and Effective Management
Dr. Mike Braysher
Paper: 978 1 4863 0443 1 / $37.95
Published: August 2017
6 5/8" x 9 5/8"
Photos & illus.
Pest animals are just one of many factors that influence the desired outcome from managing natural resource based systems, whether for production or conservation purposes. Other factors include diseases, weeds, financial resources, weather and fire management. To be effective, an integrated and systematic approach is required, and the principles and strategic approach outlined in this book can also be used to plan and manage the damage due to other factors.
Managing Australia’s Pest Animals
includes case studies of successful and unsuccessful pest management strategies and covers a range of topics, including the history of pest management, current best practice principles, and guidelines for planning and applying strategic pest management approaches to effectively reduce pest damage. This book is the first clear and comprehensive guide to best practice pest management in Australia and will benefit students and trainers of pest managers, landholders, people involved in natural resource management, and industry and government pest management staff.
* Accurate and highly credible information, based on the most up-to-date research.
* Revisits and refines the principles that underpin strategic management of the damage due to pest animals.
* Strongly supports the expected knowledge base of the revised VET Conservation and Land Management qualifications for managing pests.
* Structured in a logical format, with extensive links to available resources, a glossary that explains key terms and concepts, and detailed figures that will aid both students and seasoned professionals.
Table of Contents:
Additional resources and reading
1. Fundamentals of vertebrate pest management
2. The principles of pest management
3. The strategic approach
4. Engaging with communities and stakeholders
5. Planning for successful pest management
6. Minimizing risk and uncertainty
7. Experimental management, monitoring and evaluation
8. Implementing pest management
Appendix. Case studies
Definitions and key concepts
Related Titles by Subject:
Land & Water Management
Wildlife & Animal Welfare
Environment & Conservation
Agriculture, Forestry & Animal Husbandry
Blogs & Communities
© 2018 Stylus Publishing, LLC Prices and descriptions subject to change without notice.